Friday, December 19, 2008

Bipolar on Food

I can't think of anything else that makes me feel the way I feel about food. Most of the time I want food, often I want food so much that I can think of nothing else. And when I get food and eat it I generally want nothing to do with food anymore. The more I want food when I get food the more I find it repulsive after I have eaten it. This is all easily explainable, but I find it interesting that nothing else makes me feel this way. I suppose that I could play a game for half a day and not want to play it anymore, but that's not the same. I doubt I would have been craving the game so much that I wanted to play for such a long time, and I doubt I would hate the game at the end, I'd probably just want to do something else. So, I guess food is unique.

Brief dreams from last night.

In one dream my friend had made a movie based on a dream he had, and I watched the movie, and it didn't make much sense.

Next dream I have a contruction light and I am walking around at night. I am trying to figure out where to set up the light to illuminate some object or space. I think it was supposed to be some kind of art work or something.

Another dream I am sitting in the sand on a beach. The sand starts sinking slowly while I am sitting there. I notice some seaweed that is very slowly crawling away, I thought it was pretty cool at the time. I stand up and notice the sand is suddenly caving in where I had been sitting. It turns out to be some kind of creature living below the sand, like an anemone, and there are several on the beach. I am repulsed and angry because I had been sitting right above one. I want to kill them but I don't know how to.

Forgetting dreams now. A comment on conversation. One of the worst things that can happen in a conversation with someone you don't know very well is when someone mishears the other person and strongly agrees with a statement only to find out seconds later, when the person has to restate their position, that the person said the opposite of what they thought they had originally heard. It's awkward for both sides. And it leads to one of two conclusions. Either that person strongly disagrees with the other person on whatever the subject was, or perhaps more embarrassing, the one person just tried be agreeable by going along with what the other person said. After that point any hopes of serious discussion dwindle considerably. It happens.

1 comment:

Timothy said...

i had a dream that someone was stroking my hair and commenting on how much grey had appeared

Google