Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Free Movie Making in Space

In amongst a ton of awesome dreams last night I had one that stood out as one of the most bizarre ideas I have ever dreamed up.

I was hanging out with some friends and I think we were in a fast food restaurant. One of my friends started telling me about this cool project that someone had done where they sent a bunch of space ships up into orbit around the earth. Each of the ships was equipped with cameras that could be accessed online. In addition to this, the space ships could also be controlled from online. Basic commands could be given to the ships by anyone using the website and then that person could save any video captured and essentially create any kind of space scene that they wanted for a movie. To solve the problem of the ships running out of power, the ships had been loaded with cows and grass. The cows would provide fertilizer for the grass while also creating some form of energy that the ship could use. The cows and ships were in theory capable of staying functional for an unlimited amount of time. I was impressed that they had managed to get so many cows up into space and that they were now just grazing in orbit. I was also excited about the potential of shooting video from space. It was at that point that the dream started making even less sense and I'm afraid I don't know exactly what happened, but I think the cows started dying for some reason.

No comments:

Google